Friday, May 1, 2009

Oh The Good Life

I had a lovely evening last night. Mr. P took the night off from studying. I made Jamie Oliver Lemon Thyme Pork Chops with Fresh Pesto. It was delicious. It was so nice to cook and enjoy a leisurely meal with Mr. P after such a busy week, and before such a busy weekend begins.

*note: this is Mr. P's plate. I do not eat this much. He eats a ton! Along with Jamie's pork chops are Jamie's simple mashed potatoes, and my own invention, Parmesan crusted baked zucchini.

This morning I made my weekly menu and grocery list. I like to make my weekly menu on Friday mornings while I’m having my coffee. Because I only work half days on Friday’s I can go to the grocery store after work and be all set for weekend of cooking. I’m so excited about this week’s menu I though I’d share.

Friday: Pasta al Tonno (This is a classic Italian pasta dish my cousin picked up when she was studying abroad in Italy. It has Italian tuna packed in olive oil and capers)
Saturday: Dark and sticky stew from Jamie Oliver’s, Jamie’s Kitchen
Sunday: Polenta encrusted fried chicken with sweet corn mash, fried banana’s and tomato relish, also from Jamie’s Kitchen
Monday: Pasta with prosciutto and fresh peas from Martha Stewart, Everyday Dinners
Tuesday: Sloppy Joe's with baked sweet potato fries, also from Everyday Dinners
Wednesday: left over stew because I have meetings till 6 and youth group at 7
Thursday: Tacos with left over Sloppy Joe meat

Do you make meal plan’s or menu’s? Who’s your favorite chef? I’d love to hear from anyone reading out there. Happy Friday!

Mrs. P
P. S. I'd be happy to pass along any recipes. I didn't want to type them all as that would take forever. Just let me know if you want one.

6 comments:

  1. Laura, once again I affirm you should publish a cookbook! I've not been able to manage cooking & our schedule yet, but menu planning is a great idea & I'm ready to try it. Recipes I'd like: Jamie Oliver's stew, fried bananas, and sweet potato fries, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog! I love "meeting" new people and am thrilled I have a new blog to read :-)

    Your pork chops look FANTASTIC and I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I've never made a Jamie Oliver recipe. If the pork and mashed potatoes were simple please send them my way (cyndillard@aol.com) and I'll attempt to make them for my hubby (he's the real chef in our family.)

    On a side note, I absolutely LOVE the lamp you picked out for your bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, I want to be a follower of your blog, but you need to let Joanna help you set that up. She thinks you have had her disable it.
    See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and please pass on the lemon thyme pork recipe, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. your food looks amazing! :) i make menus every sunday/monday and do the shopping. it takes so much time off of "what are we going to eat tonight?" and makes me feel like my life is just a -little- more organized.

    as to what's up doc--my parents watched it on their honeymoon. crazy, right? i grew up with it. watching it makes me instantly happier--"eunice? that's a person named eunice?"--and i also have never met anyone who has seen it independent of my family! so exciting!

    i've been married 8 months (8/30/08). it's been great--i love it.

    i can't wait to read more on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We made the pork chops tonight (minus the pesto) and absolutely loved it!! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe with me :-)

    ReplyDelete