Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I’m sorry for the blog absence the past week. I will shamelessly blame it on Mr. P and the supply list we had to get and pack for OCS. We had a very busy Memorial Day weekend. I look Friday off work so we could run errands and work on getting Mr. P ready. Then we went out to my Grandparents ranch for dinner. Saturday we spent the day together. It was so nice. We didn’t do anything to get him ready, we didn’t see anyone, and we didn’t answer the phone. We slept in and then made muffins for breakfast. Then we went to my favorite garden store to buy the herbs, tomatoes and peppers for my garden. We spent the rest of the day working in the garden together. And for dinner we made the infamous Sticky Chicken, Mr. P’s absolute favorite food. Again no pictures as I still haven’t unpacked the spare room and my batteries are lost in the madness. Sunday after church we drove to Portland to see Mr. P’s parents for the rest of the weekend. On Memorial Day we went to the Oregon Korean War Memorial. There were a group of Korean War Veterans there to talk to visitors about the war and about the role Oregon troops played in the war. It was especially moving both because Mr. P is joining the Military and also because his Grandfather fought in Korea in the First Marine Division.


Today I drive Mr. P back up to Portland to ship out and by Friday I should be back to a normal blogging schedule.
Mrs. P

No comments:

Post a Comment