Tuesday, November 6, 2012

election day

yes it is election day...

I love election day. Although I am always slightly disappointed that I don't get to actually go the polls to vote. Oregon has mail in ballots which you either mail in or drop off at designated drop boxes. This means I'm deprived of the I voted sticker and the awesome baby photo op with the I voted sticker.

Regardless, I love politics, I love elections season, I love election day, I love to vote and I love to watch copious amounts of election day news coverage which is what I plan to do tonight.

My husband and I voted differently on almost every single state wide ballot measure somehow we are still married but we have had a lot of debates in our house over the past few months. We are however voting the same for president. Thank goodness. Otherwise it might have gotten pretty ugly.

In my perfect world we would host an election night little party. We would invite some friends, eat red and blue food and have great drinks. However our lack of decent TV, cable and time means this is not happening. In 2016 we are going to have a great party! Regardless of how we celebrate today and in the future I want Margot to grow up with a lot of excitement around elections and voting. I want her to look back at it as a special and fun day, even if it's just because some of her friends came over and there was funny colored food!

Happy election day to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment