Friday, September 9, 2011

Pregnancy update: 27 weeks

Today I am 27 weeks pregnant with Margot. We are officially in the third trimester! Her arrival is definitely starting to feel closer with just this last home stretch to go. Last weekend we got a lot done to prepare and I hope this weekend is just as productive. Her nursery is all painted (Thank you Beth and Joanna!) and so is the dresser. We still need to find new dresser knobs but we hope to do that this weekend. The nursery is also cleaned out and only has baby things in it.

Last weekend I registered while Lauren was in town to help me. It was fun but a little exhausting! So many baby things. I just loved all the wonderful little girl things.

At 27 weeks Margot is the size of a head of cauliflower, weighs almost 2 lbs and is 15 inches long. She is starting to open her eyes as she learns the blink reflex. She is moving A LOT. Just this week I have noticed a big difference in her movements. I suppose because she is bigger her movements are much stronger. She actually woke me up last night with some strong kicks.

Needless to say the current heat wave has not make me the happiest pregnant woman around but I am trying to focus on the 75 degree weather for next week do all I can to stay cool until it arrives. People are not kidding when they say heat is difficult when you are pregnant. I do however appreciate the wonderful tomatoes we are finally receiving in our CSA box--delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment