Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fall + Nesting

Fall has arrived. I have always loved fall but perhaps never as much as this year. Not only was I desperately waiting for a reprieve from the summer heat but this fall has so many wonderful things to look forward to! Fall has always brought out my nesting instinct. But this year fall will coincide with pre-baby nesting and I am excited. The past two weekends we have started to really make headway on our pre-baby to do list and the cooler temperatures will really help us tackle those last few yard projects. I am celebrating a ten day forecast that doesn't come above 75 degrees.



This weekend we should finish painting our front door red, pot some mums for the porch and finish trimming back our trees and hedges. I hope to share a photo of our cozy front porch all ready for the new season on Monday.

What I'm looking forward to this fall:
completing my nursery decorating project
finishing our front yard clean up
decorating for fall
breaking out checkered table cloths, warm candles and gourds
scarves and riding boots
warm cozy soups
roasted root vegetables
planning our Thanksgiving menu
baby showers!

And best of all when fall is over it will be almost time for Margot to join us!

What are you looking forward to this fall?


image found here

No comments:

Post a Comment