Friday, August 21, 2009

Weekend Eats at Potter Place

This week I’m loving these cook books:



I haven’t posted a menu in a few weeks because we’ve been out of town so much and things have been so crazy. Now that school is starting back up things will fall back into routine. This week I am adding breakfast to my menu (only on weekends). I am always looking at the breakfast sections of my cook books and thinking “that looks so good, I am going to make that” and then never making it. This week I am starting with some easy yet delicious Ellie Krieger breakfast dishes which look perfect for a weekend at home.

Menu
Friday: Hungarian Goulash (Betty Crocker Cookbook, 1979), brown rice, wilted spinach with garlic, and pickled beets (The New Southern Basics by Martha Stamps)
Saturday: Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes (The Food You Crave by Ellie Krieger), New Orleans Red Beans and Rice (New Orleans Food by Tom Fitzmorris)
Sunday: Apple-Pecan Muffins (The Food You Crave) and yogurt with fresh berries, Chicken with Poblano Cream Sauce (Food Everyday by Martha Stewart) and steamed red potatoes with fresh green beans
Monday: Sweet and Spicy Peanut Soup (The Food You Crave) with Chicken Salad Sandwiches (Barefoot Contessa at Home by Ina Garten) and leftover pickled beets
Tuesday: Pork Chops with apples and shallots, spinach with nutmeg (Food Everyday) and Buttermilk Mashed potatoes (Barefoot Contessa at Home)
Wednesday: Spice Rubbed Lamb Pops (The Food You Crave) with Herbed basmati rice and orange glazed carrots (Barefoot Contessa at Home)
Thursday: Dinner at Friends

What are you planning to cook this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Your sidebar looks great. Nice job!

    The only thing I plan to cook this weekend is a King's Ranch Casserole on Sunday. It's my favorite meal ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. King's Ranch is a spicy chicken dish. I LOVE it! Maybe I'll post the recipe tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete