Thursday, July 9, 2009

Can We Just Talk About How Much Mrs. P Hates to Clean

So last night I was going to finish cleaning house so Jess could come home to a completely clean home. Plus I need to start practicing my responsible wifely duties (such as cooking and cleaning and not staying up until all hours of the night watching Frasier) so I am ready when Mr. P comes back in 28 days!

Here’s what I still needed to do to completely finish cleaning:
  1. Iron A LOT
  2. Vacuum
  3. Clean the bathroom
  4. Pick up my bedroom
  5. Clear off the dining room table

Here’s what I actually did:

  1. Ironed a little bit
  2. Wrapped Lauren’s wedding present
  3. Sort of cleaned the bathroom (you know a quick wipe down with Clorox wipes)
  4. Sorted out and organized all my beauty products
  5. picked up my bedroom
  6. pre-stamped a bunch of addressed envelopes for Mr. P with Simpson’s stamps
  7. Cleared off dining room table
  8. started organizing recipes (this totally defeated the purpose of clearing off the table as it was soon covered with recipe cards, pages out of magazines, a notebook, recipe box and more randomly scribbled recipes than you can imagine)
  9. gave up and read Harry Potter until it was time to go to the Airport

Have I mentioned that:
A. I HATE to clean
B. I’m bad at cleaning
C. I love to organize things,
D. this is clearly just because it’s a way to procrastinate cleaning


Please tell me I am not the only one. Do you guys hate clean? What do you do to procrastinate cleaning? Are you also deeply in love with Clorox cleaning wipes for their quick fix cleaning? What are your best "clean enough" tips?

Mrs. P

No comments:

Post a Comment