Thursday, September 12, 2013

Guest Room Inspiration

While we continue to demo our guest room, get plumbing and plaster bids and try not to think about how  much money this room will cost, I am trying to focus on the long term vision . Because if I don't I slightly start to panic, just a little bit. It was kind of an awful room to start and it has gone from bad to much much worse.

However, I think this room has a lot of potential. It has a great view out of a large window and it has a beautiful ceder closet. Plus I have the most wonderful vintage light fixture that was gifted to me by my dear friend Julie Daniel, the goddess of garbage, and the executive director of Bring Recycling.

So while I try not to panic about the state of my guest room lets all look at some pretty picture that have served as inspiration for this room. To find images I searched Pinterest for mid-century bedrooms, concrete floors and by our bed, which came from Ikea and will be used in this room as our guest bed.

50 Cozy And Comfy Scandinavian Bedroom Designs | DigsDigs---  love these linens for guest room
If only I could stumble across this nightstand at a garage sale...I love all of the neutrals and fabric textures next to the pop of yellow.

image found here

another guest room idea, love all the white with stark bed frame and grey floors.
This is the bed we have. Here it's really nice against a white background with pops of blue. Also notice concrete floors which is what we currently have

image found here

guest room???
Again love the neutrals and the fabric textures. Also love that this blanket is at Ikea and is super cheap

image found here


The floors are polished concrete with in-slab copper tube radiant heating. After bead blasting (a process that roughs up the surface), the floors were coated with a hand-troweled cementitious overlay and then polished. The look is clean and seamless; best of all, the floors stay warm in the winter and delightfully cool in the summer. The wall color is Winter White by Benjamin Moore.---  bedroom with polished concrete floor and I love the headboard
Again concrete paired with an awesome lamp and night stand and subtle linens

image found here

No comments:

Post a Comment