Monday, May 14, 2012

I love Mother's Day

Mother's Day was wonderful. We had breakfast in bed. We played with Margot. We celebrated our dear friend Ryan. We had a family lunch outside in the sun with my Mom, Step-Dad, brother and sister. We took a family nap. We played with Margot some more and we ate take out on our front porch. Basically it was a great Day.
I really love being a Mom but at the same time I think it's the hardest thing I have ever done. I once told a friend of mine I wasn't ready to have kids yet because I wanted to do what I wanted to do when I wanted to do it and I knew having kids would require me to give that up. I was right. It does. And sometimes that sucks. Especially before Margot slept in her own bed it was really hard to give up my evenings and have no downtime. It was also really hard to have no time to myself. So yes it's hard. BUT it's so wonderful. Margot brings so much joy. I know everyone says this but I truly can't imagine our lives without her. It continues to amaze just how much she completes our little family. It was wonderful to have a day to celebrate that relationship and really to celebrate her and what she has brought to our lives. It was also nice to be spoiled a little:) I also enjoyed treating my Mom. Since having my own baby I have so much more perspective on her and what she has given me throughout the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment