Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tuesday Night Dinner

For the second installment of my Tuesday Night Dinner series I made spicy black bean cakes from the Martha Stewart Every Day Food: Great Food Fast book. If you don't have this cook book you must get it. It is full of great weeknight recipes.


This recipe was a huge hit. It took 40 minutes start to finish although it might have been closer to 30 if I hadn't done the last half with a squirming baby on my hip. It was easy, yummy, and cheap. But perhaps best of all it was just a nice change.



You can find the recipe here. I made a few modifications most notably I used one can black beans and one can kidney beans (rather than two cans of black beans) just because I only had one can of black beans. I also added scallions to the lime sour cream as well as the jalapeno and lime. This wasn't spicy so for some heat next time I might leave some of the jalapeno seeds in. I served these with green salad with ranch dressing because that was the dressing we had made. I think it would have been really great with a citrus based vinaigrette instead. My only complaint about this recipe is it dirtied a lot of dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment