Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring Cleaning

I survived our crazy weekend. The Rehearsal dinner went great although I don't think I have ever been so tired in my life. Now that it is over I am on to a new project: Spring Cleaning. As I have said on here before I HATE to clean. I do however like a clean house. I also like to organize things, although this may be because by organizing I am avoiding cleaning. Anyway, my sister and her friend found a wonderful apartment last week and so she moved out freeing our spare bedroom which I am going to convert into an office. Since a good deal of re-arranging and organizing will be involved I thought it would be an ideal time for a good thorough deep cleaning of our house. And to get into cleaning mode I am once again reading this book:

Have you heard of this book? If not I insist you go and buy it right now. I can not praise it enough. It is amazing and it's written by a female lawyer who also has a PHD in philosophy with a specialization in feminist philosophy. This makes the book much more exciting for me. You will begin reading the introduction and not only will you be hooked but you be overwhelmed with the urge to clean everything in sight. So if, like me, you have been dragging your feet a bit when it comes to spring cleaning get you hands on this book and you will become a cleaning machine!

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of that, but that is next on my reading list! Like you, I hate cleaning, but I crave organization. Since we're moving in about a month, I guess I should get started on the deep cleaning now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be ordering that one today! I love a bit of feminista / homemaker /lawyer reading. Makes me glad I am not the only one out there!

    ReplyDelete