Friday, March 12, 2010

Yay for Friday

I'm so happy it's Friday. After a week of slacks, heels and blouses I love my jeans so much today. I have been cleaning house, grocery shopping and packing because we're going to the cabin with friends this weekend. I packed my camera so I will try and post some pictures of the cabin up on Monday. Although we go fairly frequently it never occurs to me to bring my camera.

I just made my new favorite salad dressing to take with us. I've adapted it from a Ina Garten recipe. I've been making a large batch then buying mixed greens and tossing the greens with the dressing for quick dinner salads.

Cider Vinaigrette
1 cup of apple cider or unfiltered apple juice
1 TB or so stone ground mustard
1 tsp fresh thyme
drizzle of white wine vinegar
drizzle of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Bring cider to boil small sauce pan. Reduce heat. Cook until cider reduces about 5 minutes
Let cool a bit. Whisk in mustard and fresh thyme. add some white wine vinegar, a few table spoons. drizzle in olive oil while whisking until consistency looks good. Add salt and pepper and taste. You may need to add more mustard. I eye ball this but i would guess it's about 1/3 cup olive oil and 3 TB vinegar.

If I remember right the Ina Garten recipe had cider vinegar instead of white wine and also had shallots. I don't believe it had thyme. Regardless it's delicious!

Happy weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. oh love a good salad recipe! i'll be writing this down :)

    ReplyDelete