Monday, March 22, 2010

A Giant Egg

This weekend was very eventful. Friday night Mr. P and I went to see Crazy Heart and LOVED IT! It was so good and the music was amazing. I can't wait to get the soundtrack. Saturday we went to visit my Grandparents at the Ranch. Mr. P and Grampa worked the cows while Nonna and I cooked and visited. It was very nice. Then Saturday Night we all went out to pizza for a friends birthday. Sunday after church we had a wedding shower for our friends Eric and Shelby who are getting married soon. And then--this is the highlight--I fixed a giant egg for dinner. I kid you not. I wish I had taken pictures but I was too preoccupied with the egg to think of it. I shall back up and begin from the beginning.

As I have mentioned on this blog before I can't eat a bunch of foods right now. There are about 20 foods I can't eat. Of the twenty the three I miss the most are onions, corn tortillas and eggs. But I can eat goose or duck eggs if I find them. I have been searching with little luck when last week a friend from church told me she had a friend who sold goose eggs and they would give me a few to try. So yesterday I got two precious goose eggs and I was so excited. Oh to eat an egg again! Yet I was shocked at the size and weight of this egg. It is 2-3 times bigger than a large chicken egg and very heavy for an egg. It is very hard to crack. You cannot crack it on the edge of the skillet as you can a chicken egg. No, you have to hit it very hard on the sink edge and then pry off pieces of the shell until you have created an opening to pour the egg out of. When the egg finally gets into the pan it is bigger than three chicken eggs cracked into a pan. Believe me, after I cooked my giant egg I cooked Mr. P three chicken eggs and they were smaller than the goose egg. Also the goose egg has an enormous yolk. I ate my goose egg on top of rice and beans with lots of Tabasco and chorizo. It was wonderful and I was in egg heaven. I have another goose egg to eat so I'll be sure to take pictures when I eat that one.

Also this weekend I finally got onto twitter. I know I have heard people say this before and now I understand them. I am so confused. I don't get twitter at all and I need help. So if you are on twitter please find me and help me out. My twitter name is lauralpotter.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

7 comments:

  1. I am just as confused as you are about twitter. I joined myself a few weeks ago when I started blogging and I can't get the hang of it yet either, so you're not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I have to say, I've never tried anything other than a chicken egg. I assume the taste is comparable? I guess there's no reason why it wouldn't be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been wondering if that was a good movie, so I'm glad you mentioned it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Wasn't "Crazy Heart" the BEST? I just loved all the music. Jeff Bridges was incredible and deserved every bit of his awards.

    I'll come find you on twitter. It's not that bad once you get the hang of it. Some people use it to promote their blogs, causes, etc. more than others...I tend to keep mine pretty simple and only highlight certain blog posts, etc. :) Welcome, tweetheart!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog cracked me up! Your egg story is so funny, I am glad you enjoyed it because honestly its gigantism kind of scares me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen Crazy Heart yet, even though I've been meaning to. It was filmed near where I live and it is really strange to recognize locations in the previews. Thanks for the reminder, I need to check to see where its still playing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and I've never eaten a goose egg, but I have eaten duck eggs. A friend who raises chickens and ducks gave the to me and said that the duck eggs are especially good for baking... but I can't remember why... maybe they have more protein?

    ReplyDelete