Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Late night reading

I stayed up way too late reading last night. I am reading Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin and it is so entertaining. I could not put it down. It was especially perfect last night after a very hectic day. After work, which was busy, I went jogging and then to pick up Chris. By this point it was already 6:30 and I was hungry and had no idea what I was making for dinner. Chris needed to stop at Bi-mart but they didn't have what he needed so we had to go to another Bi-mart making it 7:30 before we got home. By this point I was really hungry and still had no idea what was for dinner never a good combination. By the time I threw something together, folded the massive pile of laundry on the bed ate and settled in with my book it was almost 9. So the fun, engaging, page turner was just what I needed.

I know I have blogged before about my normally meticulous routine of meal planning and grocery shopping designed to ensure that the above situation does not occur. However, I completely dropped the ball this weekend. I was so preoccupied with food for the shower and planning for Mr. P's b-day party I forgot about menu's. I am once again reminded why I plan menus it prevents a lot of grumpiness on my part. I was able to scrounge up some dahl and veggies and rice. Once again I sing the praises of lentils. Truly one of the most ingenious foods. They are dirt cheap, incredibly versatile and cook in 25 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog :)

    I have been wanting to read "Somethign Borrowed" Let me know how it is! It has to be REALLY good for me to enjoy a book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, I have been wanting to read "Something Borrowed" I am defiantly into the entertaining quick-reads lately with re-reading Harry Potter and the hilarious Princess Diaries series. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lentils are my mainstay!

    ReplyDelete