Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Some Lovely Eye Makeup

Recently I have been learning a lot about eye makeup. Yes I know that most women learned about eye makeup when they were 13. I however missed this boat. In high school and college I hardly wore makeup. Most days I didn't wear any. Days when I did it was just some lip gloss and mascara. When I started my "real job" I added concealer and powder. It wasn't until my bridal shower almost two years ago that I realized how much I was missing. My little sister and I were getting ready for the shower and Jess offered to do my makeup. When she was done I was amazed. I looked so much better. My eyes popped it was great. Since then I have been learning the wonder's of eye makeup. I've even added blush, and occasional lipstick to my repertoire. But eye makeup is by far my favorite.


During my vacation I watched the movie 500 Days of Summer.

While I didn't particularly like the movie. I really loved Zooey Deschanel's makeup in this movie. Particularly her eye makeup. This is the best picture I could find on line. Obviously it's a little hard to find pictures of eye makeup because usually pictures are taken when someones eyes are open rather than shut. What I like best about it is all the pink tones used on her eyes. So beautiful.

My sister has been helping me attempt to recreate the look. I'm very lucky to have such a makeup genius living under my roof. But I would love your tips. What is your favorite makeup product? Do you know of any perfect pink eye shadow out there? I'd love to hear.

*Yes I learned all I know about eye makeup from my little sister. Yes I see the humor in that. In case you are wondering she learned all about eye makeup from America's Next Top Model, I kid you not.

1 comment: