Seriously we have so much stuff! Nonetheless packing continues. Margot is having mixed reactions. Mostly she seems fine with the growing chaos but occasionally she seems a little upset. This morning I had a handle bag of some of her toys ready to go with her to my Mom's house for the interim and she was not too happy that her toys appeared to be going somewhere. And she keeps going to her almost empty bookshelf and jabbering about her books as if to say, "hey you where did most of my books go????" But overall she is a big fan of boxes. And her and Chris have been playing choo choo train and going on rides throughout the house in said boxes.
Our packing/moving schedule is finally solidified as we have a closing date for our new house. This truly will be the summer of moving and packing!!!
- June 24-Jul 5 pack and move things (except essentials such as dishes and beds) into storage
- July 7 move ourselves and clothes/toys/books for 3 weeks-month to my Mom's
- July 8-12 move remaining stuff out of our house and into storage
- July 12-16 clean and spackle holes, touch up paint etc in old house
- July 16 move from my Mom's house to my Dad's house
- July 17 close on old house
- July 17-22 take a break!!!!
- July 22 CLOSE ON new house and drink champagne!!!!
- July 23-26 complete immediate repairs on new house and paint Margot's room
- July 27-28 move into new house
We will be undertaking many more projects in the months after we move but mostly the house is livable as is so long as you don't run the clothes dryer and hair dryer at the same time....but that is a topic for another day.