Monday, August 8, 2011

Oddities

I wouldn't say I have OCD by any stretch of the imagination. But I do have a few very odd borderline obsessive quirks. One of these has to do with pens/pencils. I have a mild obsession with using the same pen and pencil until they run out of ink and I throw them away. I also have a complete aversion to buying pens/pencils because I know I have so many that haven't run out of ink. I have zip lock bags full of pens/pencils in my desk at home that I use to replenish my supply. I always keep one pen in my purse, one on my nightstand, one at my home desk and one at my office desk and use it exclusively until it runs out of ink. I am always curious how long it will last before it runs out. I have no idea where this particular quirk of mine comes from. I think part if it is frugality. Why buy pens or pencils with so many discarded ones floating around? I can use a mechanical pencil for ever. The one I am using at my desk today I happen to know for a fact that I've had it since high school. It has a flashy 80's vibe that is lots of fun.

What about you? Any strange quirks to share on a Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment