Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Nursery Ideas

When I first started thinking about our nursery I could only picture a little girls nursery. I almost instantly knew what I wanted. It took me a lot longer to think though a boy version. Now that we know it's a girl we are moving full speed ahead with the nursery. My goal is to have it complete by the end of October.

My starting point was turquoise and red. First I thought about painting the room turquoise and then painting the crib red. I have since decided that might be too bold and overstimulating for the baby. Instead I'm going to paint the room a very soft turquoise, use mostly white furniture and trim and then incorporate more color with bright fabrics. My Mom is a very good seamstress and is going to sew all the nursery linens, crib skirt, bumper pads, sheets etc.

Recently we went to pick out fabrics and patterns and came back with these:





I am so pleased with our fabric. It was really hard to choose and put combinations together that would bring out the red and turquoise. I also love these because they
are bright, fun, and have just a bit of a retro vibe to them.

2 comments:

  1. Those are lovely! I tend not to like things to "babyish." I love the fabrics - they look whimsical without being overly baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun... thinking about the nursery!

    ReplyDelete