Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday Monday

Ugh... it's Monday. However it is only a 2.5 day work week for me so I suppose it's okay. I had a busy but good weekend. I went to see the new Harry Potter movie which was fabulous! I had really low expectations because the 6th one was so bad. But this one was amazing and scary. I jumped, I screamed, and I was generally very stressed out. I can't wait for part 2 now.

I can't believe it's already Thanksgiving. Time has flown by. I am looking forward to a long weekend and some quality time with my husband. We are going to spend the holiday with his family in Walla Walla, Washington.

The weather has turned really cold here. The low tonight is 27 and it's supposed to start snowing around midnight. Tomorrow's high is 31 with a low of 18 degrees. I'm not happy. Our house, while delightful in the summer, is an icebox come winter. It was built in the 1940's and has little to no insulation. It also has it's original single pane windows and no central heat. We do have a wood stove which helps. We also bought some ceramic heaters at Costco which work really well to heat up one room. Saturday afternoon we got home from doing something and the house was so cold we just turned the heater on in our room and got into bed. We spent the entire afternoon in bed reading, napping and watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment