1. I am wearing a Fedora and red lipstick as I type. It's my Halloween costume. Actually it's not my actual Halloween costume. My actual costume, a little lame, is a flapper. Mr. P and I are going to a Halloween costume party Friday night as a flapper and a 1920's gangster. But I have to dress up for a work Halloween function tonight and I didn't want to wear my skimpy flapper costume to a work function I'm going as the 20's gangster. Hence the Fedora. I am also sporting men's dress shoes, baggy black slacks with a white blouse and suspenders. I am throwing in the red lipstick for good measure!
2. The weekend away was so nice. I read a lot and I ate soup and watched the fire and played with my darling little cousins who are 2 and 4 and so cute.
3. I am reading a really good book. It is called the Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. I would highly recommend it.
4. Remember my lacto-fermendted corn relish. Last night for dinner I dredged thin cut pork chops in masa and fried them in a skilled and then topped them with the corn relish. It was super easy, fast and delicious.
5. Daylight savings is next this weekend and I am very happy as I love daylight savings. I am particularly looking forward to sleeping in Sunday and Monday with my extra hour.