Friday, September 18, 2009

Thank Goodness It's Friday

I am so glad it's Friday. Right now I'm sitting on my neatly made bed, watching the Food network, eating peanut butter and blogging. Can you think of a better way to start the weekend. Even better the grocery shopping is complete and although the house might be rather messy I don't have to do anything except stay home and clean it. But first I'm taking a break. Peanut butter is my new favorite food. I'm not sure why this is. I suppose I have always liked peanut butter but now I LOVE peanut butter. I particularly like peanut butter on apples but I also like it just plain on a spoon. Perhaps it's because I am on a special diet* and cannot eat many of my former favorites.

We are eating some great food this week at Potter Place, besides the peanut butter.
Saturday: Marinated Lamb Kabobs, roasted tomato risotto and baked eggplant
Sunday: French roasted Chicken and lentils
Monday: Plum glazed baked chicken with rice and cucumber salad
Tuesday: Chili and baked potatoes
Wednesday: Spicy shredded beef tacos with homemade pinto beans
Thursday: Pork Chops with rhubarb cherry sauce, mashed potatoes and french green beans

The Lamb and eggplant I am making up. The chicken I have adapted from Dave Lieberman's book, Dave's Dinners. The Plum glazed chicken also comes from Dave's Dinner's. The Chili, beef tacos, and beans are all my own recipes. The pork chops, which are so good, are from Everyday Dinner's.

Also this weekend I am going to make cream cheese and pickled veg. I'll post on those later this weekend with lots of pictures. Well I suppose I shall start cleaning my house now. Happy weekend everyone.

*I mentioned I was seeing a natural-pathic doctor, she thinks I may have a wheat or dairy intolerance and to see I have to eat NO wheat or diary for 6 weeks. She also had me give up coffee, caffeine, alcohol, sugar, and vegetable oils until we figure out what is wrong with me and I am healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment