Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Do you use a crock pot?

The weekend was really nice. I made cream cheese and it was a huge success. I also made lacto-fermented vegetables. I still haven't uploaded the pictures I took of my cooking experiments but will soon.

This week is really crazy. I had a City Council Hearing last night and didn't get home until almost ten and tonight I have to testify at the Planning Commission then Wednesday is Youth Group. Because things are so busy and I don't really have time to cook dinner I am using the crock pot. I sort of have a love/hate relationship with the crock pot. In theory I love it. Put dinner in at 8 and come home from work to have it done. It's perfect for my crazy work schedule. But I have had bad luck with Crock Pot recipes. The first handful I tried were just bad. Now that I have been wrestling with it for a while I think I'm getting the hang of it. Last night I was put a Dave Lieberman chicken recipe that was supposed to roast in oven in the crock pot and it turned out great. Roasts, stew, chili, baked beans and pulled pork are all obviously great. But the best thing I've found is shredded beef tacos. But either a small roast or a bunch of round steak in the crock pot with canned tomatoes, chilies, spices, onion and garlic and let it cook. The meat shreds beautifully and makes delicious tacos. While this list is a start I feel there should be more delicious options for the crock pot.

So now my questions for you readers. Do you have a crock pot? What is your favorite thing to cook in it? Do you have recipes to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment