Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Okay Friends

It's been a rough couple of weeks. I have been working crazy ass hours and I have been under enormous pressure and stress at work. Le sigh...Plus I may or may not have lost a issue campaign this week. I will find out later today but I HATE to lose so in the words of children everywhere it's kind of a rotten, no good, horribly bad day.

So as my Dad always said...lets focus on the good.

Today it's my "besties". Full disclosure I think the word besties is ridiculous which is why my "besties" are so awesome  We three are an unlikely lot. We bonded over a campaign last year and the many evenings, early mornings and Saturdays that came with it. Bestie #1 is a 50-something transportation planning consultant, Rob and  Bestie #-2 is a 20-something environmental advocate with a very liberal campaign back ground, Ashley and I am the director of business advocacy for the Chamber of Commerce. See an unlikely lot. But we all bonded over our love of transit, food, people and collaboration in unlikely places. Ashley's boss refereed to Rob and myself as her new BFF's due to all the hours we were logging together and the name sorta stuck.

The other good I'm focusing on today is my dream house. Saturday I went to a meeting at someone's house for work. This house...oh this house. I can't stop thinking about it. It was up in the south hills, mid-century modern built by an architect in 1965 on a 1/3 acre lot. The bathroom had the original turquoise ceramic fixtures. There is a huge wall of windows, a modern stone slab wood stove and a den with the original wood paneling. What's more the owners said they are going to sell in the next few years. So there is a glimmer of possibility that this house could be ours and oh how I'm praying it can.

Lastly, have I told you all that I'm going to China this fall??!! Oh yes I am. 10 days, expense paid, 4-5 star hotels and the Beijing opera my friends. My job may be hard and it may be stressful but it's always worth it and this is just one example. I've known about the trip for a while but as it gets closer I find myself thinking more and more about it and getting more and more excited!!!

So that's my good. Thanks for listening internet friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment