Friday, February 15, 2013

Tidbits

1. We had a lovely Valentines Day. My dear husband brought me a huge bouquet of tulips at work and took me to lunch, we got Margot a stuffed big bird and we made a delicious dinner of baked cod on a bed of leeks and cherry tomatoes and prosecco.

2. This weekend we are going to see a play! I am so excited. We haven't gone to see a live performance since we got married and no longer had our student discount to the local theaters. We are going to see Next to Normal at the Lord Leebrick. We are going to a matinee and I'm not quite sure what to wear. Eugene is a very casual place so I can't imagine wearing a dress or a skirt in the middle of a Saturday. But I feel like a should dress up a little at the theater. Perhaps skinny jeans a blousy top, a navy blazer a floral scarf and flats???

3. Margot is 15 months old on Saturday. I stopped doing monthly posts after her 12 month but I think I might do a 15 month, 18 month, and 21 month. I can't believe how much she's grown and changed in the few months since her birthday.

4. This morning Chris' and I toured a potential pre-school for her. It was really fun to see all of the neat things she's be doing soon but it was also a little heart wrenching to see how fast she is growing up! This pre-school had the best toy kitchens EVER!!

5. I love my menu for this coming week. It's homey and warm but with lots of simple delicious meals:
    Sat: collard greens, pinto beans and cornbread
    Sun: pot roast with potatoes, carrots and salad
    Mon: Thai beef curry with basil, bell pepper and green beans over rice
    Tues: Chicken with leeks and white wine, herb roasted baby Yukon potatoes, and creamed spinach
    Wed: Paprika beef with brown rice and garlicky chard
    Thur: Dinner at Mom's
    Fri: Sauteed fish snapper with chow chow, roasted baby red potatoes and broccoli

6. Margot will pretty much eat everything on this menu or at least try it. She is eating so well right now and I hope it doesn't change. She doesn't really eat salad or avocados but she'll eat pretty much any other veggie. She really seems to like cooked greens especially kale, chard and spinach. A few days ago she inhaled sauteed beet greens. It makes me so happy to see her trying new foods and embracing lots of flavors.

Well I think that's it for now. Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment