Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Life Lately

I feel like I say this all of the time...but...we have been so busy! The last several weeks have been really exciting but last week was pretty horrible. I felt like it was all we could do to plough through and get to the other side. However, we had a great weekend. This week is a big one for Chris. It began with Chris' first Father's Day on Sunday, then yesterday Chris officially became the newest Associate at a firm here in Eugene. So yeah it's been a bit crazy around here.

Three weeks ago Chris' was offered an amazing position in a local plaintiffs firm. It's a firm that Chris' has admired for a while. They had been referring cases to him for the past year and the partner is someone Chris' has a lot of respect for. This new job will be a lot of work but it will also be more money for us and a lot less stress for Chris. I am so proud of my husband. He has worked so hard to complete law school, start his own practice, learn new areas of law, learn to run a business and so much more. This weekend was all about getting him ready and celebrating this new phase. Plus we all got presents! Starting with little Miss Margot. Chris picked this toy out just for her and she just loves it!
I bought this delightful summer hat, because really sometimes a girl just needs a big hat to wear with her oversized sun glasses.

 Margot agrees!
 Happy Fathers Day to both Chris and my Dad
My handsome husband in his gorgeous new suit in front of his new truck all ready for his first day.

Chris spends this week in Medford at their southern Oregon office so I am flying solo with little miss. So far so good thanks to my Mom feeding me breakfast yesterday, my Dad and Step-mom feeding me dinner and my sister coming over tonight. It really does take a village.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome news! Congrats to Chris. And your hat is fabulous; you wear it very well.

    ReplyDelete