Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thursday Randomness

I read somewhere that babies in the third trimester can taste your food, and that foods you eat while pregnant and nursing are foods your baby will be more likely to eat when you start feeding them solids. For this reason I have been trying to eat a lot of diverse and interesting foods, such as greens, squash, sweet potato, curry, Chinese food, beans etc. However, I pretty much have been craving cheerios and banana's, eggs and chicken broth. Not exactly the most interesting of flavors.

Can we just take a minute to acknowledge how awesome cheerios and bananas are? I mean really, are there as many combinations as perfect and refreshing as cheerios banana's and cold milk? I think not.

When I was a kid I never would drink the leftover milk in my cereal bowl. The cereal and fruit makes it sweet and I didn't want to drink sweet milk. Then I started buying my own milk and I quickly changed my ways.

We have delicata squash from our last CSA box and it is delicious. If you haven't had it you must try it. I know a lot of farmers markets and higher end grocery stores carry it. The best way I've found to fix it is to simply cut the squash in half, scrape out the seeds, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and place face down in baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes until tender. Add some butter and salt and pepper. It's the perfect taste of fall.

Last night some friends of ours brought us dinner and their 1.5 year old. He quickly demonstrated just how un-baby proof our house is. How is it that toddlers have such a knack at identifying the dangerous/disgusting things first. He went right for the plug ins, cords, garbage can and fire place pokers.

Yesterday I was watching Julia Child and she made tripe. This did not make me want to eat tripe. She had a whole tripe on the show and it looked just as disgusting as it sounds. Then I watched a show about homemade sausage. This was much more to my liking.

Well happy almost Friday! What are your weekend plans? I'm looking forward to my husband actually being home for a while. He's had a lot of evening meetings and events lately. I am also so excited for my church baby shower. I haven't been able to go to church for almost 6 weeks so I'm so excited to see all my church friends.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is funny that you crave bananas and cheerios- two things all babies seem to love!

    ReplyDelete