Monday, July 18, 2011

Pregnancy update: week 19

This week I am 19 weeks pregnant with the baby. We just have one more week until we find out if it is a boy or girl. It's amazing to me that we are this far along. It seems like just yesterday we were waiting for our first doctors appointment. It is also a little scary that we are so close to his/her arrival. Next week marks the halfway point and when I think about all the things we need to do before this little one arrives it's easy to feel a bit overwhelmed.

There is no doubt that I look pregnant now. I am still mostly wearing non-maternity clothes thanks to the bellaband I can still wear all of my pants. Tops are getting a little trickier. Luckily I had a lot of blouses and loose fitting tops that still work. I did buy a pair of maternity shorts and two maternity tops at Goodwill a few weeks ago and last night I found a pair of old navy maternity cords at Goodwill. I am trying to stretch my non-maternity clothes through the summer so I can just go buy a few fall things in September to get me through the last couple of months.

Generally I feel really good. Lately I have noticed that my feet start to swell if I am standing too long and I tire more quickly on my feet. I am still doing prenatal yoga which seems to help and we try and walk a lot. I am starting to get hungrier and am eating more than I was a few weeks ago. I still sleep okay which I am thankful for.

This week the baby is the size of a mango. I can feel him or her moving inside. This weekend I felt a lot of movement it was really fun. It will still be a while before Chris can feel it.

We are still working on sanding the dresser but hope to finish it this week so we can paint it. We have a handful of house projects we want to get done in the next few weeks so we can focus on the nursery.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you to have your 20 week appointment - you will not believe how cool the ultrasound is. I exercised throughout my entire pregnancy, and I think it really helped me stay strong. Glad you are feeling well :)

    ReplyDelete