Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A New Season

In my mind today is the first day of fall. I know...I know...technically the first day of fall is September 21st and all that jazz. But today is a better day for it. First of all Labor Day weekend is an adios to summer of sorts. It's a weekend for the last camping trip, or cabin weekend as in our case, it's the weekend for back to school shopping, cleaning up your yard, and potting mums out front. Also kids go back to school today. And really, is there anything more reminiscent to the coming of fall than kids with new backpacks and yellow school buses on the road?

It seems that God agrees with my assessment. This morning, after a gorgeous weekend, we woke up in a chilly house to grey skies and a steady drizzle which is near and dear to the hearts of so many Oregonians. In honor of the changing season I broke out my riding boots and a sweater, ate hot soup for lunch and plan to spend my evening curled up with a book. Happy Fall!

1 comment:

  1. I think today is a fabulous marker for the beginning of Fall! While I live in TX, and we don't have much in the way of seasons, I LOVE fall and am anxious to decorate my house accordingly! You post might just be the encouragement I need! ;o)

    ReplyDelete