Thursday, August 19, 2010

Home Sweet Home

We have safely returned from Colombia. We had a wonderful time but I was looking forward to our house and my own bed! Readjusting to normal life was a bit rough however. Work Monday morning was a very rude awakening, especially when I arrived to find almost 300 emails. ugh!




I read a few books over my vacation. I have heard a lot of good things about Bound South by Susan Rebecca White so I was very excited to read it on the plane. Unfortunately I really didn't care for this book. I thought it lacked a meaningfull point. It felt very disappointing and mediocre to me. Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner was a really good book. I have wanted to read something by Wallace Stegner for a while and I am glad I did. He is an excellent writer. I particularly enjoyed this book because it was about two young couples who become close friends and then follows their friendship for the next 50 years. I thought it was a beautiful story about both friendship and marriage. On the plane ride home I started Running in Heels by Anna Maxted which was recommended to me by a friend. While it took awhile to get into this book I really enjoyed it. It was very funny and real. I really like the characters and found them to be very honest.


This weekend we are going camping. I am so excited! I absolutely LOVE camping. Ever year we go to Diamond Lake with my family. We have a big group and we do lots of fun things like swimming, boating and hiking. Last year Dad and I hiked Mt. Thielson. This year we are going to take it down a notch and hike Mt. Bailey.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment