Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tired Tuesday

Tuesday is feeling a bit like Monday all over again. I am so tired. I know it is because I am not sleeping enough. 1. It is hard to sleep when your husband is gone. I go to sleep okay but I wake up really early and can't go back to sleep. It's like something just isn't quite right with half the bed empty. 2. I just keep staying up late. I know I should try and go to sleep before midnight when I have to wake up at 6 am for a 7am meeting but do I do that? No, I persist to stay up till 12:15. Anyway, enough whining. I do want to share some excellent Father's Day Pictures from Sunday.

It was a really fun day. It was the first time I hosted a family get together. I've had my parents over for dinner and my grandparents over for dinner separately but usually things like Father's Day are held at one of their houses. I was a little nervous but it was a hit. Everyone like the menu and because it was a pretty easy menu I got enjoy the party and wasn't stuck in the kitchen all day. The morning before was a little stressful getting ready but this was mostly due to the fact that I had spent Saturday in Portland shopping instead of housecleaning. So Sunday morning I was frantically housecleaning and cooking. Then in the middle of all that my vacuum cleaner broke and I couldn't figure out how to fix it. I called my Mom, somewhat frantically, and it turns out that among many other things she has tons of hidden vacuum cleaner knowledge. Sometimes I really wonder what I am going to do when I move away from her. She always just knows things. Whether it be vacuum cleaners, to what temperature to cook pizza, to how often to water my cactus, to how to get wine out of anything, it's amazing. Is it just me? Do you guys still call your mom for random information?

Mrs. P

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are great! Especially the ones with you & your dad...it reminds me of the movie "Little Women" when all of the daughters pounce on their father when he returns unexpectedly for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete