Monday, December 16, 2013

An advent calender and a minor panic attack

Last night before putting Margot to bed we were counting star stickers on her advent calender, she get's to put a star up each night, when I realized that there are only 10, scratch that, 9 days until Christmas. Then I started to freak out. Then I realized I was too tired to freak out so I went to bed. Then I woke up and came to work where I am now full on freaking out. Let's just chat about how I haven't don't anything I need to do for Christmas:

  • Christmas cards, sitting in my library yet to be addressed and sent
  • "Santa" has not even started on Margot's big gift which needs painted, a quilt and mattress needs to be sewn
  • 0 Christmas shopping has happened
  • Christmas morning brunch??? no freaking idea
  • the Muppet Christmas carol has yet to be watched
  • gifts need wrapped
I have been so busy with house renovations. Kitchen cabinets painted, baseboards in today, ugly fences coming out today, new carpet downstairs...soon. So alas I better get my butt in gear. 

Or I could keep procrastinating and spending every weekend making Christmas cookies with Margot, her new favorite thing, and just wait a few more days....regardless I'd better make a list.


No comments:

Post a Comment