Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Food Notes

1. I'm basking in a wonderfully delicious and comforting dinner of garlicky, buttery, herby, sauteed shrimp, with green rice, and sauteed broccoli with garlic and red pepper.

2. Margot LOVED this dinner. She started her meal by polishing off 5 whole shrimps in 2 minutes followed by an adult size portion of broccoli. This child loves food and I couldn't be happier. She eats whatever we eat including Indian food, Thai curry, fish, kale, spinach, brown rice, buckwheat noodles and so on. The only thing I have found her to not like is avocado and raw tomatoes. I think it helps that both my Mom and I feed her a great variety of good flavorful food. We feed her whatever we are eating and if she doesn't like something we don't force it but we also don't give her an alternative and we simply try the food again several days later. Usually after a few tries she will embrace it.

 3. Have you all heard of the Frugal Gourmet? I recently picked up on of his books, The Frugal Gourmet cooks American, at St Vincent de Paul's and I'm in love with it. From what I can tell he had a cooking show in the 80's. I'd love to find a DVD of it.

4. My favorite wine is Malbec, it's a hearty red wine from south America. It's great with strong flavors which made it the perfect pair for my garlicky spicy dinner.

5. The farmers Market opens in two weeks. We can't wait. We have missed our saturday mornings at the farmer's market so much. And our CSA starts back up in just a few months. Despite today's blustery rain spring is coming....and with it so much good food. Hello spicy mustard greens, fresh young asparagus, leeks, salad greens and fresh peas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment