Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dream couch

I have been dreaming for a new couch for years. It seems the anchor for decorating my home. A piece from which to build a collection, to craft a style and so on. It must be modern and stylish yet be durable. It should be able to with stand children and heavy use. It also much be flexible to new shifts in my decorating which I'm sure will occur over the long run since I love change.

Currently, our couch is a futon my in-laws bought for my husbands first apartment about 6 years ago. You can see a picture of it here. It once had a black cushion--horrible. But when we got married I bought this more neutral beige one and attempted to dress it up with some vibrant pillows.

This is the couch I dream of. Spotted this past December while Christmas shopping in Portland. It was at Crate and Barrel. The sales lady broke my heart when she told me it was being discontinued and they only had a few left. I hope to find a replica when I am ready to officially couch shop.




Isn't it beautiful. I envision it paired with yellow and white, with splashes of orange. I think to yellow side chairs would be a perfect accompaniment.

4 comments:

  1. That couch is love lovely! I want it myself! My husband and I had an old futon before we bought our couch, and that couch is one of my favorite things. I had to wait a long time for it, so I cherish it. I will not even let my beloved dog sleep on it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I defiantly recommend splurging on a nice sofa - I love our house sooooo much more since we got our sofa. Our place is totally transformed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It IS a pretty couch! When we looked our couch had to be comfortable, attractive AND able to withstand a toddler!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! And I think the yellow & white would look so lovely!! :)

    ReplyDelete