Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas



One of the things I really look forward to at Christmas, now that I am an adult, is helping to plan and cook Christmas eve dinner. Generally we spend Christmas eve with my mom and step father and the evening festivities center around an elaborate and over the top menu. My mom, sister and I research, plan and discuss to our hearts content. Then we cook, cook and cook, which is of course followed by much eating. Two years ago we did a pasta course, last year we made a prime rib, which was amazing, and this year...this year we are doing a southern dinner. On the menu:

Country Ham
Mashed Yams
Field peas and rice
corn pudding
green beans with bacon
homemade fudge bars
After eating we will open up presents and probably watch a Christmas movie. Mr. P and I will go to our 11pm candlelight service at Church. then at midnight we will drive an hour up river to my father and step mother's cabin to spend Christmas Day!
Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment