Tuesday, January 18, 2011

This and That

We had such a nice three day weekend. Yesterday was a model of productivity at our house. The rain finally stopped, it was sunny and we were able to get so much done, air out the house, work outside and so on. I tackled some big projects namely organizing our paperwork. Augh what a chore that was.

I had book club last night and we discussed:


This book was really interesting. Sometimes I am really not excited to read a particular book for my book club. Usually, I am wrong and once I start reading it I love it. That was not the case with this book. Sections of it were really fascinating but out of 600 some odd pages I think 100 were interesting and 500 were dull. But really, what do you expect when someone writes a biography of the Atlantic Ocean?!

Now I am reading:

I am really excited for this book because I love Anne Tyler. I have read two of her other books, An Amateur Marriage and Morgan's Passing. Both were really excellent. I love the way she describes America and American culture in her books. It is so different from other American authors but it is also very right on in so many ways. If you haven't read anything by her I would recommend starting with An Amateur Marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment